Our mission is to increase and broaden public knowledge and awareness of the behaviors, social issues and emotional needs of individuals on the autism spectrum so that all individuals can participate in and contribute to our community without fear of bias or loss of individuality. Answers for Autism accepts grant requests that are consistent with our mission. Grants will be considered in two categories: Public Awareness, and Programs benefiting individuals on the autism spectrum and/or their families. The grant program would like to encourage new and innovative ideas to support our mission throughout the state of Indiana.
- Answers for Autism can only make grants to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- In the current grant cycle individual grants will be limited to $3000.
- The grant must be used exclusively for programs benefiting individuals with autism.
- Multiple year grants are not being made at this time.
- Applicants may not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, physical handicap, or sex.
We will not make grants to support:
- Religious purposes
- Activities not benefiting individuals with autism and/or their families living in Indiana.
- Medical research
- Reducing an operating deficit or to liquidate existing debt.
- To pay for office costs, rent, utilities, etc. (on-going or start-up)
- Individual families.
The deadline for submitting proposals is March 15th (Spring Cycle) and October 15th (Fall Cycle) of each year. Late applications cannot be considered. Requests will be reviewed by the Grant Review Committee and a Recommendation Report submitted to the Board of Directors of Autism Advocates of Indiana, Inc. for their approval by the following May 15th and December 15. Applicants will be notified shortly thereafter of the status of their request. During the review process applicants may be contacted to provide further information. Potential applicants are encouraged to contact Sally Reed-Crawford, Grant Chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Answers for Autism at 6525 East 82nd Street, Suite 210-L, Indianapolis, IN 46250 for further information.